Monday 6 August 2007

Bookarazzi and Find me a Bluebird

I'd intended to post every day ... so much for the best-laid plans, or even the worst-laid.

Anyway, one of the things I've discovered while trying to find ways to midwife my first novel, Speaking of Love, out into the world (yes, that's another MAT) is Bookarazzi, and on the Bookarazzi recommended blogs page was a breathtakingly beautiful blog called Find me a Bluebird which I looked up because it's name is so touching. But so visually beautiful is the Find me a Bluebird blog that I am inspired to become digi-camera-literate (a new MAT, how exciting!) and post photographs as well as words here in the not entirely distant future.

The poetry on Find me a Bluebird is beautiful too.

2 comments:

MB said...

Angela, I'm very glad you enjoyed. Thank you for such generous comments. Good luck with the camera — based on my experience, photography can work as a MAT, or it can feed the writing, depending on how you work it! Off to figure out what Bookarazzi is....

Angela Young said...

Thank you, MB. First I'll need to buy a camera ... but I know what you mean about photography-MATs feeding the writing. I took pictures of one laburnum tree for a year to record the seasonal changes, for my first novel. And the photographs showed me things I might not otherwise have seen.