Monday 3 March 2008

Do you live near Oxford (England)?

If you do, and you aren't already doing something tonight, you might like to come to Mostly Books in Stert Street, Abingdon at 7.30 to hear Eliza Graham and I talking about the effect that the Spread the Word, Books to Talk About shortlisting has had on our writing careers, and how our books made the shortlist.

It'll cost you £3, redeemable against a book bought on the night, and the wonderful indy bookshop, Mostly Books, are here.

The winner of the award, THE Book to Talk About, will be announced on World Book Day, Thursday 6 March 2008, from the ten books on the shortlist.

2 comments:

Eliza Graham said...

I really enjoyed meeting you last night, Angela! Your book is on my bedside table, ready for me to read and I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck on Thursday.

I'm still chortling about the 'comment charting' shared addiction.

BooksPlease said...

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there. I've enjoyed both your book and Eliza's. I would have loved to hear what you both had to say.